Persons wishing to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Independence in grand style are invited to purchase a ticket to the Prime Minister’s Dinner and Ball – one of the Iconic Events to celebrate our Golden Jubilee, scheduled for Friday, November 25, at Ilaro Court. This black-tie affair, themed One Golden Moment in Time, A Celebration of Excellence, will be the quintessential Barbadian experience.
As guests arrive, they will be personally welcomed by the Prime Minister, The Rt. Hon. Freundel Stuart, Q.C., M.P., and treated to the 50th Anniversary Cocktail prepared by award-winning mixologist Philip Antoine.
Throughout the evening, Ilaro Court will be filled with the tastes, the sounds and the sights of excellence as guests dine on the finest foods, listen to the sounds of virtuosos and experience the décor.
The theme of the event marks Barbados’ struggle towards nationhood, which culminated with a national celebration of pride and industry, when the Rt. Excellent Errol Walton Barrow, P.C., Q.C., the first Prime Minister of Barbados, witnessed the raising of the Broken Trident for the first time on November 30, 1966.
Over the past 50 years there have been many “firm craftsmen of our fate,” who, through their love of country and tenacious effort, have brought Barbados to where it is today. On the evening of November 25, we will celebrate and recognise some of those individuals – our 50th Anniversary of Independence Award Recipients. On the cusp of the climax of the 50th Anniversary of Independence celebrations, we take a moment to celebrate our golden achievements, our excellence.
Excellence in cuisine:
– The food experience at the event will feature an extensive showcase of world cuisines that have influenced our culinary landscape. It will be designed and presented by the award-winning Barbados Culinary Team representing some of the best catering services on the island. The cuisines to be featured include: Barbadian; Afro-Caribbean; British; Asian and North-American.
Alternatively, guests have the opportunity to dine at At a Chef’s Table, where they will be hosted by five of Barbados’ esteemed culinary ambassadors and experience world class gourmet cuisine with silver service and each chef’s particular menu.
Guests will have the choice of dining with any one of the following:
• Chef Michael Harrison
• Chef Michael Hinds
• Chef Henderson Butcher
• Chef Creig Greenidge
• The 2016 Caribbean Chef of the Year – Chef Damian Leach
Excellence in décor:
Table centre pieces will be created by the world renowned Barbados Horticultural Society.
Excellence in entertainment:
– A jazz ensemble, which includes some of the best talent emerging from the Barbados Community College’s music programme.
– Music for dancing will be provided by one of Barbados’ leading party bands, Krosfyah.
Excellence in fashion:
– A presentation of designs from an international Barbadian designer and top young designers, in addition to a fashion parade which will showcase signature looks of Barbadian fashion from 1966 to 2016.
Guests are expected to arrive for cocktails and to receive an official greeting by the Prime Minister from 6.00 p.m. He will then deliver his welcome remarks at 7:00 p.m.