November 30th is fast approaching and celebrations for Barbados’ 50th Anniversary of Independence are escalating. Barbadians, both at home and abroad, are securing their bandanas, t-shirts and other souvenirs in the national colours and bearing the Independence logo, before Independence Day.
While the 50th Anniversary of Independence has its official memorabilia, other organisations and entities are jumping on the bandwagon to ensure that items branded 50 are available.
However, the process of producing items with the official 50th Anniversary of Independence logo does not start without the necessary permissions. Here’s how you can access that logo if you are interested in producing items with the symbol:
1. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining the purpose for which you intend to use the logo.
2. Wait for a confirmation email reply.
3. Print or save the confirmation.
4. Visit the Accounts Section of the Prime Minister’s Office, Weymouth Corporate Centre, Roebuck Street, St. Michael, between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday to Friday with the confirmation and your payment of BDS$50.
5. Take the receipt received from the Accounts Section, to the 50th Anniversary of Independence Celebrations Secretariat, 1st Floor, Old Town Hall Building, Cheapside, Bridgetown, St. Michael, along with a flash drive.
6. You will receive the variations of the merchandising logo along with the Brand Guidelines.
For any further information on the use of the official logo of the 50th Anniversary of Independence, persons may contact the Secretariat at 430-0045.